Monday, July 1, 2013

Living Room Makeover

Well, I am finally posting about our living room makeover (after over a year!) Better late than never, right? ;)

We painted and put up the board and batten wainscoting over a year ago but it's taken me a while to slowly change out everything else.  It's a lot different than before and I love the fresh, new colors!

Here is a side-by-side to show you the before and after!


I guess the most obvious change is that we opened up the wall where the garage entrance was.  We added the bonus/play room when I was pregnant with Ava Kate and we were unable to sell and needed more space.  This also opened up the living room a bit which is a lot better than having that door staring you in the face!  Anyway, we added the wainscoting, painted, changed out the light fixture (I fell in love when I saw this lantern on Thrifty Décor Chick's blog,) hung the t.v. and got a taller console, got rid of the giant leather ottoman and replaced it with our old coffee table that we had when we were first married, got a new rug, curtains, pillows, etc....  It's crazy to see how much my decorating style has changed in the 5 years that we have lived here!
Here is a before and after from another angle.



 

 I wish I had a before pic of this wall.  I had a giant, red, metal star in the middle with a few wooden signs with sayings on them on either side. I love the look of this 'gallery wall' now!  (Still working on filling the frames...)

 

The entry way got a change as well.  I found this piece at a local resale shop.  It's actually an old radio/record player!
 
 
 My dad let me borrow his old, film Minolta to play around with and I love having it....can't say that I've used it for the intended purpose but it looks so cute in this wire basket I bought at Marshals!  ;)
 

On the end table is another wire basket, I just love them!

 I wish these were my hydrangeas but mine decided not to bloom this year, so I got these from Trader Joe's (my fav place to get fresh flowers!)
 
Thank you for checking out our living room makeover, we are enjoying the new, brighter look!
 

All photos taken by Kristen (blog author) unless otherwise stated. Do not copy/save or print without permission. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful! I love ALL of it - the colors, the details, the board and batten; it's so calm and peaceful looking. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you so much Ashley!! That comment was so sweet and made me smile!

      Delete

I looooooove getting feedback and hearing from my readers! :)