Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Independence Day Weekend!

We took a trip to Indiana over the holiday weekend (hence the little break from my blog--my parents have extremely slow internet because they live in the 'boonies' and since I have absolutely no patience, I decided that my beloved blogging would have to wait till I returned home to my no-patience-needed high-speed wireless internet!)
Anyhoo, back on the subject of our visit. We had a great time with my family! The favorite activity when me & my mom get together is...you guessed it--shopping! We left the guys (and little guy) at home saturday and had a great dinner and shopped at Metropolis. We came home with lots of loot!!!
Sunday was of course the 4th, so we had a cookout and fireworks! My dad insists on spending a fortune on a small arsenal of fireworks every year and me, Jeff & dad set them off while our spectators (mom & Hayden) looked on from the deck. That morning we went to church and afterwards went to see my grandparents for a nice visit.
Monday, my mom watched Hayden while me & Jeff had a little date. We went into town and stopped at a great flea market and a couple antique shops. It was a lot of fun! We found our little man the cutest wooden rocking horse at the flea market.
Here are some pics to highlight our activities in no specific order...

We were ready...
Our festive little cheesecake
The HUGE butterfly that was loving my mom's flowers!
He likes his rocking horse ;)

It was a great weekend and I hope you all had a wonderful one as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I looooooove getting feedback and hearing from my readers! :)