Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Jerry's Fish Tacos"


So, my brother in law is a great cook.  His specialty is Italian food since he is Italian, but he makes the yummiest fish tacos so I thought I'd share 'em with my awesome blog followers :)  I don't have exact measurements but you don't need them with this dish, it's kina just "add to taste" kinda thing!  Anyway, here's what you will need:

~Fresh Tilapia (about 1 filet per person.  You can get about 3 tacos out of one filet)

~Bell Peppers (red, green, orange, yellow...it doesn't matter! I used red, yellow and orange mini peppers today for lots of color ;)
~One large lime or a couple small limes

~Fresh Cilantro

~Chili Pepper (to taste)

~Corn or Flour Tortillias depending on if you want cruchy or soft tacos

~Sour Cream (for sauce)

Chop the peppers in chunks and dice up the cilantro (save some of the cilantro for sauce.)  Squeeze the lime juice in the pan and add peppers and cilantro and saute on medium heat.  (Save some lime juice for the sour cream sauce.)  Also, I just threw the lime halves in the pan to cook with everything after I squeezed them.  If it seems like you need more liquid, add more lime juice or a little water (or you can use vinegar...I added a little water and a litte vinegar.)  Add chili pepper to taste (if desired.)  Add whole fish filets and cover.  Simmer until fish is done.  When the fish is done you can chop it up in big chunks so its easy to serve in the shells.  Fill shells and top with sauce (sour cream with lime juice and cilantro added to taste.)  Yummy!!  These are great served with blackbeans and I like to add a little sugar to the blackbeans ;) 

(please excuse my pitiful presentation...we were in a hurry to eat and get out the door tonight for revival so I had to work fast ;)

*I hope this wasn't confusing.  As you can tell, it's not an exact recipe of specific measurements, you just kinda add ingredients until it suits your taste.  It's a yummy way to make fish tacos if you have never tried them!* 


All photos taken by Kristen (blog author) unless otherwise stated. Do not copy/save or print without permission. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I am so going to have to try this!!! It sounds really good:)

    ReplyDelete

I looooooove getting feedback and hearing from my readers! :)