Monday, September 17, 2012

Made with Love

Yesterday I made a batch of baby food for Ava Kate.  Since she started solids a few weeks ago, I have just been mashing up things like avacado and sweet potatoes, although I did blend up a quick batch of peas and those were quickly rejected...I also blended up some peaches to go with her breakfast.   Anyway, I knew that I needed to just make up a big batch of a few different foods and freeze them so I spent the better part of my Sunday afternoon doing just that!


If you are interested in making your own baby food, a great webiste and my favorite resource is Wholesome Baby Food.  It has recipes, tips and lots more! 

I made carrots, butternut squash, peaches and apples.  The peaches I purchased frozen since they are out of season.  For the carrots, I used organic baby carrots. 
 I like to use fruit in her oatmeal for breakfast and veggies for dinner (she isn't eating 3 meals a day yet, just breakfast and dinner.) 


I hope baby girl likes all of her new food :)  She had the squash for dinner last night and seemed to like it! 

All photos taken by Kristen (blog author) unless otherwise stated. Do not copy/save or print without permission. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I looooooove getting feedback and hearing from my readers! :)