Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Call me Old Fashioned...

A lot of you may scoff at this declaration and maybe even think I am strange. But I have put a retractable clothesline in my backyard (which, as I mentioned before and you can tell in the pic, is enclosed by a privacy fence.) My main reason for doing so is so that I can dry the cloth diapers on it. It seems I am forever running my dryer between regular laundry and cloth diapers for two (I am cloth diapering for the 16 month old that I watch, also.) So...since it is SO hot and sunny lately, I figured I would take full advantage of it and get some energy-free drying in :) Now, I know that some people think that clotheslines are tacky and an eyesore. This may be true if I were hanging, say...a giant 42 DD bra from it or some thong underwear but I am hanging cloth diapers on it for crying out loud (and maybe the occasional bed sheet.) And even if I were hanging underwear on it, no one should know because of my fence. ;)




Now, does this look tacky to you? ;) I think it looks rather charming!

Well, I will get off my soapbox now. Hope all of you are having a great hump-day!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to do a clothes line. I was just talking to Brian about that other day. He told me he does not think it is allowed in the area we live in. Oh well. We do not have a privacy fence anyways. But I say, good for you!

    ReplyDelete

I looooooove getting feedback and hearing from my readers! :)