Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Lights and a Baby

I saw an idea on a photography forum that everyone was doing so I thought I would try it with my little guy.  I am always looking for a photo op!  ;) 
Anyway, they didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped but Hayden was giving me some pretty cute expressions!  I put together a little collage...

The many faces of Hayden:
I also loved the way these looked in b&w so I converted a couple few several...
one of my faves even though his face is not completely in focus, kinda what happens when you shoot wide-open with a busy toddler (probably not the smartest decision on my part!)
Maybe Santa will bring mommy some external memory for all these photos I take...they are beginning to eat up some serious memory in my computer!  :-/

4 comments:

  1. Ha, I asked for external hard drives too!!! HA!

    Okay, these are so GOOD! He is perfect, and they are so sharp...def. worth shooting wide open!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    Oh, and I told Jeff last night (and was only half kidding) that I could spend $10k on camera equipment right now, of course that's inluding a nice new body! I'm dying to upgrade and I have also been drooling over a macro lens (among many, many other things.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this on pinterest. Can you tell me what kind of lens and the setting you used. We are having a hard time recreating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that you found it on Pinterest! Since these photos are a year old, I'm not sure about the exact settings but I do know that I shot them with my 50mm 1.4 lens. I was shooting wide open (1.4 aperture) to get that nice bokeh (blurry light) effect. To achieve this look, you will need to hang some icicle type lights (I hung mine on a piece of scrap beadboard) and bring your subject (whoever you are photographing) several feet in front of the background so that the lights will be out of focus. Then use a wide aperture to help achieve the blurry light look. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

I looooooove getting feedback and hearing from my readers! :)