Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's the age everyone dreads...

Hard to believe that this little guy is almost two...
(like the booger and mouthful of animal cracker? ;)

Back to my story...  My little man is almost two.  And with that comes a desire for independence that tests this mommy's patience!  He also has a new favorite word..."mine."  Ugh!!!  I honestly don't know where he learned that word since Jeff and I don't go around saying "mine!" all the time, but I guess he picked it up from somewhere and he likes to say it. Often. 
There are many, many things I do love about this age.  He is learning something new every day and always amazing me with how stinkin smart he is!  I love his personality and all the sweet and funny things that he says.  But he can definitely throw a tantrum!  We strive to discipline him in a way that will teach him what is appropriate behavior while keeping in mind that he is a toddler.  While I understand that he is a young child, I cannot allow him to be undisciplined and act however he wishes.  Children thrive on discipline and structure so I just have to remind myself that a disciplined child is a happy child.  And that is what I want most for Hayden, for him to have a wonderful, happy childhood.
He adds so much joy and laughter to our lives and I love him more than I ever imagined possible.  I remember being pregnant with him and dreaming of what he would be/look like.  I would smile to myself every time I felt him kick.  Now I feel like the luckiest mommy in the world when I look at him.  He is such a wonderul gift from God and I am so thankful for the past (almost) two years of motherhood He has blessed me with.




All photos taken by Kristen (blog author) unless otherwise stated. Do not copy/save or print without permission. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Check out my post that I have scheduled for this morning. We are going through the same thing. It's so cute and annoying at the same time! Andrew is very stubborn and he definitely tests me, but consistency and discipline are the key! We will get through this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. right there with you sister! mine just turned 2 in may and it is a constant battle

    ReplyDelete

I looooooove getting feedback and hearing from my readers! :)