Monday, March 7, 2011

Macrolicious Monday

So, today I received some new photog. gear in the mail!!!  Yay! :)  I have been interested in macro photography for a while but macro lenses are just a tad pricey, starting at about $700.  Then, I discovered I could get the same effect at a much cheaper price with these lovely extension tubes!  Sa-weet! 

I had so much fun playing around with them today and took lots of shots...of random things...

Ultra-closeup of my baby's eyelashes
The rose that my oh-so-sweet hubby brought me a couple days ago
lovely (and tasty) kiwi fruit
random ball made of sticks...
my beautiful rings
pinecone

I have to say that macro photography is more difficult than I thought and is going to take some practice for sure!  I am excited to enter this whole new world of up-close-ness ;)

On a much different (and more serious) note, I would ask that you all say a little prayer for us if you think of it.  We received some unsettling/disturbing news today but I am unable to go into detail about the nature of it.  We definitely covet your prayers and know that it's all in God's control.  We have already seen His hand in this situation and know that He is working.
This verse has helped me today:
"What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee..." Psalm 56:3
All photos taken by Kristen (blog author) unless otherwise stated. Do not copy/save or print without permission. Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE your photos and praying for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the prayers, I appreciate it so much (we both do.) And most of all, thanks for being a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for God to give you His amazing peace during an unsettled time. There's nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! And you are exactly right!

    ReplyDelete

I looooooove getting feedback and hearing from my readers! :)