Monday, May 30, 2011

Pickin' Berries

On Sunday, we took Hayden to a local fruit and berry patch to pick his very own strawberries.  He absolutely loves strawberries (awberries, as he calls them!)  It was so sunny and bright, I snapped several pictures even though I couldn't really see my screen to check out what I was getting, ha!
 It brought so much joy to my heart watching him sqeal with delight and find berries to pick. 

He had such a great time picking and stuffing them into his mouth.  After he shoved the first one (green top and all) into his mouth faster than I could blink, I showed him how to pick the "green stuff" off the top and he did it on his own for the remainder of the picking ;) 

It was such a hot day, but it didn't take away from the fun we had together. 

Jeff picked most of the berries we took home since Hayden was eating all the ones he picked and I was keeping an eye on him (and eating my fair share of berries myself!)  We ended up taking about 4 or 5lbs home.  I made a couple pies with them since they were pretty ripe and I knew that they would not keep long even in the fridge.  I have a feeling we will be making lots of trips to the berry patch this year! 

I can't wait for the blackberries to come in, Hayden loves those too! 

All photos taken by Kristen (blog author) unless otherwise stated. Do not copy/save or print without permission. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Love these!
    I haven't taken Dylan to the berry patch, I should take him sometime :)

    ReplyDelete

I looooooove getting feedback and hearing from my readers! :)