Tuesday, June 7, 2011

How I Told Him...

Well, if you're my 'friend' on Facebook, I'm sure you already know the news...We're expecting baby #2!  I was hoping to conceive last month for a few reasons, one of them being so that I would be able to surprise my hubby with the news on our 6th wedding anniversary.  I tested last Thursday (and got a positive!) but kept the news from Jeff until Saturday night when we went to dinner for our anniversary.  It was not easy keeping it a secret since I tell him literally everything but I really, really wanted to surprise him so I made myself keep quiet.   
Finally, I was able to give him my special gift!  We went to Ruth's Chris steakhouse for dinner and after we ordered, Jeff asked if I wanted to exchange cards.  Yes, of course!!! Mine first, mine first! I thought, but I acted cool ;)  We read our cards to each other and I handed him a jewelry box.  (We had agreed to not get each other gifts this year and that we would just go to a nice dinner.)  Jeff immediately felt guilty for not having a gift for me once he saw the box.  I assured him that it wasn't a big deal and encouraged him to open the box!  HE kept saying how bad he felt, I know he thought I got him a watch or something.  It was funny.  Anyway, I finally convinced him to open the box...


As he was opening the box, I started recording with my video camera.  I'm so glad I recorded his reaction.  I love the look on his face when he saw what was inside the box.  Priceless.  I tried to upload said video to this post, but I was having issues.  :(

What a great wedding anniversary!  I'm so thankful for the six years of marriage that God has blessed us with so far and I am especially thankful for the blessing of our growing family! 

All photos taken by Kristen (blog author) unless otherwise stated. Do not copy/save or print without permission. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! What a sweet way to surprise your hubby! So glad that you were able to make a special anniversary celebration even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is so exciting and I love how you told your hubs! I already know how I am telling my hubs when we get preggers again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww congrats on baby #2! You are too dang cute, I love that surprise gift you gave him! What a great anniversary present :) Oh and I may borrow this idea when I ever get pregnant lol :)

    ReplyDelete

I looooooove getting feedback and hearing from my readers! :)