Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful

So, technically it's the day after Thanksgiving (a.k.a. Black Friday) but I am planning to dive right into my Christmas decorating and my blogs will be consumed with that for a bit so I didn't want to forget my blog of thanks. 
Unfortunately there are many things in life that I simply take for granted.  For instance, my health, home, family, friends, cars, etc...  And sadly, though I have a lot, I often want for more.  A bigger house, bigger car, newer home furnishings, more money, etc...  It's so easy to compare what I have to others who have more and feel sorry for myself, yet if I compare what I have to the many that have so much less than I do, I quickly realize how blessed I truly am!  And though I have moments of selfishness, I know that I really am very blessed with much more than I deserve. 
God has given me so much but here are a few things that top my list!  A wonderful, patient and understanding husband, a beautiful, amazing little boy who has changed my world and the opportunity to live my dream of being a stay-at-home-mommy.  This is something that has not always been easy financially, but it is very important to us and God always provides.  I cannot tell you how thankful I am for the opportunity to spend every day with my son who grows WAY too fast.  I don't take for granted this precious time with him.
 
I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and took some time to thank God for His many blessings. 
I wish I had something eloquent and profound to say in closing, but it's 3am and I am just exhausted!  Did I mention I spent 3 hours in the craziness of Toys R Us (most of which was spent in lines) for a Christmas gift for Hayden?  It wasn't all bad, I had my sweet hubby to keep me company and we kept each other entertained.  ;)
p.s.  Sorry for posting with no pics, it's terrible of me to do so since I myself do not like reading a blog post that does not include at least one picture.  Forgive me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I looooooove getting feedback and hearing from my readers! :)