Thursday, August 12, 2010

Market Fresh



So, today me and Hayden ventured out to the Farmers Market that is held on Thursdays at a local park. I had hoped to get some berries (blackberries, strawberries, any berries...) but alas, there were none to be found! I then decided I would just find something to use for dinner tonight. There were definitely lots of veggies to choose from (some I didn't even recognize!) I ended up getting a couple tomatoes and a jar of homemade pineapple mango salsa, yum! I decided to make a tomato and mozzarella salad, but I didn't really have plans for the salsa right away. I stopped at the store on the way home to get the mozzarella and vinaigrette and I grabbed some chips for the salsa. But, as I was driving home, I decided to make some chicken and top it with the salsa. So, that was our dinner tonight! And, of course I took photos along the way ;)


Our tomato/mozz. salad. Sadly, I didn't have fresh basil, so I used a sprig of mint for garnish ;)
The pineapple mango salsa was so yummy!!!

2 comments:

I looooooove getting feedback and hearing from my readers! :)